Equestrian Academy Programme
Please contact Equestrian Manager, Elle Ifill, 021 111 96145
- The Academy operates a full year programme. Terms 1, 2 and 4 are focused around horse-based sessions. Term 3 has no structured on-site horse programme, instead focusing on other aspects eg rider personal development in areas of nutrition, mental skills and conditioning.
- Term 3 horse care is available, by individual arrangement.
- Horses onsite by arrangement
- The Weekly/Daily programme includes training, coaching, horse care and rider personal development
- Events are under direction of the Academy Manager
Equine Study Opportunities
- Equine Studies is available to students as a curriculum subject, in conjunction with Masterton-based tertiary institution Taratahi.
- This is not compulsory, but an additional offer for those who may be seeking a career in the Equine industry (eg breeding, racing, horse care-based, equipment).
- An individual programme of NZQA Equine papers will be arranged as part of each girl’s school academic programme to study NZQA Equine Certificates.
Local Club Affiliation
- Academy riders will be encouraged to affiliate with a local pony club
Other sport opportunities – developing the ‘whole girl"
- Equestrian will be the priority ‘Summer Sport’ in Terms 1 and 4 for Academy riders
- Other sports can be opted for (eg cricket, eg waka ama, tennis, surfing).
- The Term 2 ‘weekly programme’ allows academy riders to participate in winter sports (eg netball, hockey, football, basketball, badminton, 7's rugby)